View Single Post
Old 04/25/2005, 09:00 AM
Dude

I placed a large cherrystone and three smaller littlenecks in one of my 20g SW tanks- almost a week now, and the water seems to be clearer than it was. I have done one water change on this tank since it's been established; about a year and a half. There's currently a pretty large bioload in it since a friend had to move and didn't have anywhere to keep some of his fish. There's a condylactis anemone that has been adopted by a gold stripe maroon clown from my friend....a Kaudern's cardinal that's been there for a while, a yellow tang and a Eibbli Angel also from my friend- plus an unidentified black crab he didn't even know he had until breaking down his tank! (the crab is about 2" across the body and 4 1/2 " or so with legs- reminds me of a mithrax- it has the flats on the claws) The little clams have dug themselves in, but the cherrystone is just hanging out on the top of the sand seemingly happily. So far, so good....I thought I'd try this before I tried anything in my main reef. Yes- very interesting!