View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

I just purchased a RSM, set up the tank with no major problems, filled the tank, salt and had it goin fine for about a week until the day before i was going to buy the Live rock". Lights went dead, completely. No fan, or moonlight working either so most likely an electrical issue. I advised my LFS about this which immediately gave me another hood from an unopened RSM.

However the problem with this hood is that the T5 bulbs never went on, moonlight and fans are ok and are working against the timer but not the daylight. I have tried to see if the problem was with the T5 bulbs but sadly 2 new T5īs with the right socket didnt want to bring some light into the problem either. I have tried every single combination of the switches (the 3-point switch on the timer together with the actual timer and the switch next to it) to see if ive done a huge missunderstanding but no luck there either. i have checked 4 times that the bulbs are connecting with the sockets as well.

Only thing i can think of is that the bulbs are still not connecting, so my question is, how far in are the bulbs supposed to be to connect with the sockets? is the 1 small click you can hear when they are put in place enough? it says in the manual "A small amount of force may be required". Well i dont want to break the bulbs either and they arent going nowhere after the "first click".

Heres how far in the bulbs are if any1 would be so nice to compare

Last edited by Millhouse2; 01/11/2008 at 08:13 PM.