View Single Post
Old 07/10/2007, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Joe's Cherry Oceanic 120 Gallon Tech Tank

Well, after three months, I'm finally getting started on this tank. It's been a long process, from tearing out parts of my walls and ceiling to replace the plumbing of the entire house with CPVC pipe (I had help from a plumber with this), to closing the walls and ceilings back up. Now the tank is moved to its' final resting place. I've run two dedicated 15 amp electrical circuits to the tank, and just yesterday plumbed the drains and the overflows. My lighting is the 48 inch Outer Orbit Pro (2 X 250 watts HQI)w/ T-5's. I think I will hang the light, instead of using the legs. Right now I'm trying to come up with something to sit the remote ballasts on. I don't want them sitting on my carpet. Anyway, here are some pictures of the cherry trimmed tank and stand, as well as the sump. Oceanic makes two color schemes of Tech tanks, the black with black trim, and the black with cherry trim.
This tank will be bare-bottom, with probably two vortechs for flow. I'm researching a skimmer now, and looking at a BM 250 as a possible candidate. I want one that doesn't need mods. It must work like a champ right out of the box.
Here's a few pictures;

Any comments/criticisms appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe