Thread: EuroReef Club
View Single Post
Old 06/07/2007, 05:14 AM
You Load 16Tons...

Quote:
The point was that I dont need to own one to have enough experience with one.
really? what, you can pull decent knowledge out of "thin air" or something? moreso than someone who has owned the skimmers in question and used them day-in/day-out? wow. you should charge money or something.

Quote:
As far as the worth of my posts, that is up to you... if the information is not of any value to you, simply pass on it... but others may find it important.
the information on RC depends on being peer-reviewed in order to be good and useful towards forwarding the reefkeeping knowledge base. it is *everyone's* duty to point out bad information. if you see someone spouting stupid, it is your duty to say something. otherwise, yet another reefing myth may be spawned.

Quote:
I have no idea where you get some idea that Im going to procure 1/8 density of acrylic water... because I never said I would.
really? (ignoring your typos) i would have forgotten about it, but it bumped up to top just recently...
"water is what, 8x heavier than acrylic or something like that (that was a number out of thin air)"

Quote:
mph, bhp, torque... sure, these are hard numbers, and so are the mass-flow-rates of air and water, volume or diameter and height of a skimmer.
so? there's more to skimmers than that. if you have made 1/100th as many skimmers as you say you have you'd know that. i still think it's odd that you only post pictures of the crappy skimmers you've made, yet the 'good' ones you say you've never posted pics of...

Quote:
As for knowing which car will make it around a track faster... that is about as 'concrete' of a spec as how much skimmate a skimmer will truly pull...
really? so tell us how you can absolutely and quantitatively measure a skimmer's performance on par with a car's '1/4 mile' stats? i mean, if we know a car can go at x miles per hour, and the track is y miles long, we know how fast it can go around the track. you're saying you can tell me how many moles of carbon/nitrogen/phosphorous i can pull out of a typical 120g tank with a bm200 (or some other skimmer you've never used)? heck, if you could tell me for a skimmer you *have* used i'd be impressed.

Quote:
yet I can still tell which car will make it around the track faster... and its not based on assumptions.
lemme guess. published measured PERFORMANCE stats?

Quote:
I wonder how that is... how a person can know 'where a bullet will land before pulling the trigger'... yet it happens.
most guns have these things on them called sights (*really* fancy ones have scopes) that show you were the bullet will land. they work well enough you can cut a playing-card in half with a one. if you don't believe me, i'm sure there's plenty of slo-mo videos on teh youtube. knock yourself out.

Quote:
You know, just because I disagreed with you one time on one subject, doesnt mean you have to be so disagreeable with me.
i'm not disagreeable with *you*, just many of the things you say (goes back to the whole 'peer-review' thing). if i see stupid in a thread i happen to skim through, and i'm in the mood to say something, i do. don't feel special.