View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

The Giesemann lamps are very expensive, over 100 bucks each at most dealers.

Yes, the color of a lamp and how whether we like it or not is a personal choice, no doubt. But I was referring to the fact that some users state that the Phoenix is blue, others say white with a slight blue tint. What I was saying is that I dont think that the Phoenix lamps color is consistent. I think that some runs of the Phoenix bulbs are different color than other runs. I could be wrong but there just seems to be too much of a difference between different users color descriptions of these bulbs. I think that it is more than just peoples different perceptions of the color. There are many popular bulbs that seem to be described very similarly by different people in terms of color. The Phoenix is often described very differently by different users. I dont think that they are consistently the same color.

If one is going to run DE lamps with electronic ballasts to save energy, they may as well just go to single ended lamps. Thats my opinion anyway. There are many DE lamps that have a signifigant higher output on the Magentic HQI ballasts versus an electronic. Almost every DE lamp has higher par on magentic HQI, it's just the degree of increase that differs depending on the particular bulb. You may save some money running them on electronic but you arent getting the most out of the lamp. Electronics run most SE lamps fine, but on DE's you get more par for the extra energy used by Magnetic HQI ballasts.