View Single Post
Old 06/09/2004, 07:34 PM
Moved On

gonna try to hit it all but if i miss out on anything, please ask again and i'll try to help out all i can..........

yes you can use the O3 via an air stone inside the skimmer and it will work equaly as well, this is how i use it on my Aqua-C Urchin, i drop an airstone down through the tower into the bottom chamber and pump it in that way sense the skimmer doesnt use a venturi design.

on my ER i have the O3 going into a T and then the T goes to another T in each of the sedras vent lines, this way there is no restriction on the skimmer when the O3 is off and when its on it pumps the O3 to the Ts and its sucked into the skimmer, works perfectly.

O3 is very reactive, it is 99% 'gone' inside the skimmer and very little escapes from it and then it's quickly disapated in the area around the skimmer befor it makes it anywhere close to a return pump in a sump setup. the carbon is for the removal of the bleach that is formed by using the O3 and IMO it's not at a fast enough rate to demand 100% contact with carbon of all exiting water. when used with a little (and it doesnt take much) commen sense it's very safe and easy to use and not over do it.

the only way i know you could put an air dryer on the enaly would be to enclose it and have all incoming air into the enclosure via an air dryer.

as for using the unit on a 75, yes you can use it on the tank, but not without a controller and IMO you shouldnt use any size without a controller, even the small units. keep in mind that pumping a huge amount of O3 into a small volume of water will make a controller on/off like a machine gun until the system comes into an equal state with the ORP.

hth
kc