View Single Post
Old 06/08/2004, 09:05 PM
Premium Member

dragon_slayer

That's excellent info. Thanks! I'm sold on this method, but I probably won't be able to use in-line with my LifeReef skimmer since the air venturi intake is dependent on moisture to operate correctly (and the right volume of air).

I was thinking I could hook up to my AquaController II, and connect to air stones (with the similar ozone + pump model you have) and drop into the first chamber in my sump which is where the water drains in from the main tank. There is a filter shelf between that chamber and the next chamber which is a refugium. I'd like to place a long bag of carbon in this shelf which comes into contact with most (but not all) of the water flowing into the refugium and the rest of the sump.

I'm wondering if a bag of carbon laying in this kind of setup is enough to diffuse and neutralize enough ozonized water before it drains into the next chamber... or do I need to make sure ALL the water after the ozonizer is filtered through the carbon (i.e. a canister filter or cylinder)?

I suppose I can put another carbon bag in the final chamber where the water return is located, but it still won't contact 100% of the ozonized water.

Thanks again.