View Single Post
Old 03/19/2005, 08:40 PM
the cow flys at dawn

I got a few questions now.....
sorry for the delay

I currently have a 92 corner with a 50 gal sump.
cool

If I get my way I may up it to a 240 and same sump. it is medium to high stock and feed.how??? are you assuming its a medium to high stock or do you know it is??

would a 4" x 24" unit with 2-3 coils maybe 50-75' long be right or go with 6" x 24" with maybe 4 coils 50-75' long be the way to go? 4 coils would be better. if its truely a high bioload then you might consider 1 1/2" coil bout 400' long, with 1 - 2cuft of bio balls. but find out if you need it before going that way, larger units come at a cost.

also what diam tube for the coil?
its not important. use what you can fit the coil into. [added] do attempt to use wider shorter tubes as winding the coil wider reduces resistance

when up and running properly you dont need to test correct? correct
and it will help starve all forms of greenish algea bad like hair and good like the macros used in sumps?
well yes and no. it does nothing for po4 with po4 and some algae the algae will be able to get to the nitrate that is in the water it doesnt take much. so yea itll help, and it makes the good algae work even better but dont expect overnight dead algae.

and I fly rc heli's have a jr 10x radio with a jr ergo 30 and a dnhp sr3 with a ys 80

CooL

tag
your it