View Single Post
Old 11/24/2006, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

nooo... don't do it

They are tempermental at best.
I have had 2 azoo ch-400's and one ch-200.
The ch-200 was too small for my 25 gal. tank. It probably would work ok for a 10-15 gal. tank. Anyway, I spent the 370.00 and upgraded to the then new ch-400.
The first ch-400 I got crapped out after approx. 3 months. Fan went in control box and whole box went.
And now my second ch-400 is going to pot after a year. The bearings on all 8 of the 24v muffin fans are seizing and wearing out. Not to mention real noisy.
I am waiting to hear from azoo in tiawan if they can supply me w/ 8 new muffin fans.
Plus... they blow a surprising amout of hot air out when they are cooling. I ended up drilling holes in the living room floor and mounting the ch-400 in the basement near the ceiling and pumping water down thru it.
One thing though, the ch-400 kept the 25 gal. temp right on When it was working properly....but I estimate during the summer it added easily 40.00 per. mo. to the electric bill.
Judging by the cooling ability of the ch-200, I doubt that a ch-100 could cool/maintain more than a 5-7 gal. tank.seriously.
Sorry to sound jaded, but after spending much $$$ on azoo's thermoelectric technology, I am left with a bad taste for the units.
Cheers.
Todd