View Single Post
Old 08/14/2004, 09:15 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

Well I didn't mean to incite the tang police but I am planning a 360g, 10 foot tank. It will unfortunately take me a bit to save up for it but I guarantee that this is one of the fattest happiest fish I have ever seen. She went from skin and bones to a totally healthy, let-you-pet-her kind of fish in a matter of months in my care.

I don't want you to think that just because she is currently housed in a 135 that she always will be. I have been planning a large tank around her from the first day I got her and she will probably be the only large fish I put in that tank. I realise that a 135g is inadequate for an adult Naso for the long term. In fact, I am one of those people who always recommends larger tanks than most people do for various fish (e.g. mandarins).

I didn't mean offense by asking if you were directing your comment to me, and I do think the "tang police" reaction is usually warrented, but it's not in this case. It's likely that shortly I will be moving across country and I am already making plans with my reef club to give someone my tank in exchange for letting me move, set up a new 360 (10'L x 24"H x 36"W) and then come back out here and get Priscilla (my Naso). I have even already planned on taking her in a carry-on, even though everyone says I'm nuts to spend the money for a plane ticket when I can just ship her.

So trust me, this Naso is in very loving, capable hands.