View Single Post
Old 12/30/2007, 11:57 PM
no time for spell check!

i have worked on a tank that was ringed with steel around the top. it was rhino lined, and the rhino lining was pretty good in my mind.
if you made the tank in the normal fation and then framed it in steel the problem would be making the frame work so it can be bolted together instead of welding it together. it can be done but not very easy.
the other way would be to make a very expensive bolted flange made from acrylic on the front of the tank and then installing the glass inbetween the acrylic flange. you would need to use a rubber gasket on the outside and then use DC 795 on the inside to make sure it sealed properly. this would allow the glass to floatin the gasketed flange. it would be expensive to make this because of the design but it not out of the question either. if you cnc cut the pieces and then laminated them together it would make the flange cheaper but it still would be time consuming.