View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 04:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveOhh
Let me ask you one question........................Why didn't you return the BRAND NEW unit to the place you bought it when it fried the ballast?
Simple answer, I KNEW the ballast were BAD from day one, never planned on using it EVER. Knew all about the fire issues with it. I bought the light with ballast for the LIGHT fixture only..

HEre..

If you read my posts I purchased this light for the SOLE purpose of throwing away that ballast and using the BWV7 which I had purchased for another mod (Orbit mod) to power the light safely

It was a DIY project for me from DAY ONE.. and I said so.. I planned on REWIRING that whole thing out for the BWVII.. Also new the T5s were not HO, and told him as well. He would also have to rewire the T5 lighting anyways to hook up a new ballast right? Unless he wired it OUTSIDE The light splicing the connections that way, which could have been done but that would be MORE dangerous than hard wiring it like I had planned and told him he would have to do.

Bill also knew all this going in. thats my whole point. Thats why when I sold it to him I wasnt overly concerned about the repair I had made, as I assumed by our disucssion that he would be cutting it and connecting up the HQI wires from the BW anyways.

So bottom line, It needed to be completly REWIRED Internally to WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE. It didnt come with a ballast, he needed to WIRE THEM UP.

He knew that and was in the process of doing so when he found the "repair" and the broken T5.. (wire that I was not aware of) Also I think he realized after he opened it up that it needed T5 ballast at this point and wanted to back out and used this as an excuse.

Btw, I never sold him that stock ballast.. Or would have..

Capiche?