View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 03:49 AM
Fantasy Coral

Quote:
Originally posted by BubbleMonkeyIII
Read what I said, I fired up the light BEFORE I ever opened anything to see if the thing even worked. Ran it for 5 min. EVERYTHING worked FINE.

But, When It arrived I Noticed the T5s were loose in there, off the mounting brackets had fallen to one end but still seemed connected, so had to open it up to re mount them to the holders (wouldnt have opned it otherwise) and re attach them (the possible cause of the broken t5 wire later he found it was frayed?)

Disconnected the ballast and opend it up to fix the T5s loose in there. Reconnected them to the mounting brackets, saw NO other wires loose around them. Was bout to close it up when I noticed a wire extending out of one of the incoming POWER wires. IT was sticking oddly into the fixture like a screw had hit it or something (i hadnt opened it before) it was where the screws go in and I was like ***?

Couldnt see any other wires in there loose figured they half azzed grounded that wire or something. Then realized that another WIRE a large WHITE one was loose and buried under OTHER wires. Not knowing which light this powered up I CAREFULLY powered back up the light with THESE two wires apart as to not short on the case or each other (incase they didnt belong together).. ALL THE LIGHTS CAME ON FINE AGIAN except ONE HALIDE.

When this happend, I went back to the ballast to UNPLUGG and turn everythign off, thats when THE CASE ARCED on my finger. So I disconnected everything spliced and soldered the broken HQI wire and closed it up. Threw the ballast away that same day.

I never connected ANY ballast to it after the repair, and in retrospect I should have wired up the BWVII, to test it. But I didnt. then that thing would be USeD as well. It was a simple repair that probably DOES WORK, but as Borgey admits he never tried it. That part of the deal I dont dispute I was wrong not to mention that wire to him, but it was repaired and would work as far as I was concerned. And probably does to be honest

thats how it happend believe it or not! hahaha
Why didn't you post this in your original FS thread?

Because you probably wouldn't have been able to sell the fixture............

I would have immediately returned the fixture to the place I bought it from & had my money refunded. Instead you chose to LIE about the condition of the fixture & sell it for what you wanted people to percieve as a great deal..............

Bottom line, you were not honest in your FS thread.....................Now that the truth comes out, you want to back pedal & make yourself appear to be the good guy.

The only way to make good on this whole situation is to refund his money IN FULL...................not offer him $100, not offer to give him other equipment etc...................

After reading your posts, I'm even more on the buyers side now.......

Be a man & do the right thing..................Ball is in your court