View Single Post
Old 07/23/2007, 07:21 PM
Excuse My French...

Day 26 - Monday 23rd - Around 5pm

Finally a little update after a long and busy weekend... Went to see Earth, Wind & Fire in concert... Very cool...

Thanks ReefMack for the 100th post on this thread

- Green Hairy Algea is blooming everywhere, sand, rock, glass, plastic... My six astrea are doing a great job but they are obviously overwhelmed. I have to clean the glass everyday if I want to see something inside the tank! Snail poop is everywhere too and gently turkey basting the rocks creates a "poopstorm"... Green algae is also sometimes covered with brown stuff or the cyano slimy red... Yes, my tank look very ugly indeed.

- I tested for NO2 (nitrites) yesterday night and again I had a non-zero reading. Therefore today I made a 7 gallons water change, that's 20% again. It seems to me that I have such a massive amount of decaying crap from the live rocks that I will need to do even more in the near future.

- I can see a few pods, here and there...

- One of my Astrea has not moved since two days, two other ceriths snails that were very active are now just still since one day. I am a bit worried that the high nitrates and non-zero nitrites are going to take a toll on my cleanup workers...

- Bubbles, plenty of bubbles. Something is probably going wrong in the filtration chamber . I will update maybe later tonight.

Thanks all for visiting and continuous advice.