View Single Post
Old 05/13/2005, 11:30 AM
Moved On

SOREVIV476 - Strange? I can't accept credit cards because I have a personal Paypal account--not a business account--so I literally can NOT accept credit cards. I'd make the jump to a business account, but first off, I'm not a business, and second, I'd be charged ridiculous fees to be able to accept payments. It's not as though I'm making huge profits, just selling off my old equipment.

sherm71tank - Wow, instead of saying, "I've dealt with Flo, she's a great seller--the corals were well-packed and survived priority shipping with no problem!", you say what you've said above. Interesting angle, so it's no wonder you say what you do.

Now, also....you wanted your corals shipped priority mail AND a live arrival guarantee? Come on, not even the big retailers do that! Of course I do what I can when things go wrong, which is VERY rare; I've had one doa so far, and I re-shipped at MY expense, even though the BUYER wanted the cheap priority shipping. That was an exception to fix a problem with the buyer who was more REASONABLE (good trade).

Besides, excuse me for "ranting", but I'm simply trying to defend myself. I've been trying to build a good reputation--I feel that I have great customer service, as MOST of my buyers will attest--and it's people like him that come along and try to ruin it for their own amusement. He'll be getting his money back from Fedex. He's already filed the claim--I can't go back and file it for him. So that's really a null point. What do you expect me to do? I can't see what else you possibly expect me to do. I've obviously run out of patience. I've been NICE and POLITE to him despite all the pointless mudslinging, and if you'd recieved the emails he's been sending me, and reading his b.s. posts, you'd respond the same way, or worse.

Either way, when I sell a coral or piece of equipment and something goes wrong, I do my best to fix it. But most sellers here--non-stores--won't guarantee live arrival of corals, especially when shipped priority mail. You pay more to go to a store to get that kind of thing. I go beyond that, and do what I can. This is just ridiculous.