View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 06:25 PM
Team RC Member

ccampbell,

Thanks so much for the reply. You told me what I hoped to hear, even better, because I didn't think there was room for the dragon.

I understand about not adding similar looking angels. I may keep growing out the Koran in another tank, and add a juvenile emperor, 3-5 inches to the 210. I could add the Koran once the emperor changes, after rearranging the aquascape to disrupt territories. I don't want to add any fish to the tank that are too small out of fear the dragon moray might go after it. He's left the grouper, pink tail and puffer alone, but they are decent sized. It's amazing the size food items that this fairly small, and small-mouthed, eel can swallow.

I have dreams of converting our cement floor two car garage to a room where I can have a custom tank that is 10 or 12 feet long. That is a long long way off, it if EVER happens! That 210 is looking way too small. I used to think it was huge.

I have at least 300 lbs of large pieces of cured rock to go into this tank - some from tanks set up and some in a large tub in the middle of my master bath.

I had a HT, mimic tang and emperor angel in a 5' 120, along with the zebra moray and a few odds and ends fish. The first three are my favorite fish ever. I had all the fish in this tank for 3 years and owned them all for 3-7 years, but had an Oodinium outbreak that wiped out everything but the zebra moray (which I've had forever - I bought it from Flying Fish Express when they were still in business).

The short story of the 120 wipeout - the 210 was my mom's. Ironically, I got it from her because I wanted to upgrade for my favorite fish. She had a nice established mixed reef in perfect health. I took it down and transported it from NC to NJ in September 2005. Added some of her live rock and two smallish fish to my 120 to spread it out among tanks, and crashed my tank. I should have set up more tubs. I've been talking about what to do with this tank for over two years. I'm finally actually close to ready; it's re-plumbed, connected, joists reinforced, set up and ready to fill. Soon, I'll stop talking about it and actually have set it up.

The zebra moray has a lot of sentimental value. I'll have to decide what to do with it, maybe another tank... The dragon moray is gorgeous and I wanted one for years before I found it, so it will most likely go in the 210.

Thanks again for sharing, and I apologize for hijacking.