View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaD
ccampbell,

I am really impressed with your tank! I don't want to sidetrack, but I have a quick question... are you adding more fish when you build the 350, or are you upgrading to better house the fish you have?
I am going to add a couple of other fish. Maybe 2-4 fish. I want to have at least 5 angels (I am kind of selfish in that respect). I also want to make sure that my fish are comfortable for the rest of their lives. I really want to upgrade to a 500g, but my wife is putting her foot down on that

Quote:

I have a 210 I am stocking and don't know if/when I can upgrade. I'd like to stock the tank with fish that can comfortably live out their lives there. When I looked at your list, it is not so much different from the type/size fish I'd like to have.

Do you think the following could live comfortably in an AGA RR 210? Plenty of live rock and protein skimming. My question is primarily about space. The fish I have are NOT currently in the 210, they are in three other tanks.
I would stress that you should have at least 1# of live rock per gallon to have a higher bio-load. I currently have over 275# in mine and also have a ASM G3 skimmer that I empty every other day. I also have a 100g hang on skimmer in my refugium to reduce the bio-load. I am currently at 0ppm for nitrates due to this.

Quote:

Fish I have:
5" Hawaiian pinktail trigger
3" Niger trigger
5" Dogface Puffer
2.5" Koran angel
3" Blue spotted rabbitfish
Great list of fish! I love the pinktail trigger. All of the fish sound like they will get along in the 210.

Quote:

Fish I would like to eventually add:
emperor angelfish
Australian harlequin tuskfish
mimic tang

Would these fish all be okay in a 210?
I like these additions. THe Tusk is a beautiful fish and should be fine with the other fish. You know my answer on the Emperor. I think that he should be fine, make sure that when you add him that he is different color than the Koran angel. THey will fight if they are the same.

Quote:

I also have a large zebra moray, Brazilian dragon moray and black tip grouper (max adult wild size is 16", mine is about 8")

I am thinking I have to decide to either get the three fish I want and find homes for these three fish, or not get the three I want and just add these to the 210.
IMO - I would keep your favorite eel (I would keep the Dragon) and get rid of the Grouper and the moray.