View Single Post
Old 06/06/2006, 12:48 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy Journal of 55 Gal Tank

Thank you Brian for all your Help.

We got our first shipment of live rock in on the 6th of May, and the second on the 12th of May.

We have pulled out 4 large Cirolanids and we're seeing a bunch of little ones. I know you should leave the tank fallow but I have a problem, Hitchhiker fish.

I read Brian's article and decided to use his stinky water trap.

(Saturday June 3rd)

We set up the trap and had the lights raised for easy access. Laid the trap on the sand and left the tank alone for an hour.
Upon checking the trap with a red flashlight I noticed that our Cirolanids are morons. Many were trying to get into the trap but are too stupid to find the opening. Me being the control freak that I am grabbed a hose, attached a mesh bag to the end and started a siphon into the sump. Started sucking up the little monsters as they were hovering around the trap. First capture attempt 2 in the trap probably 50 in the mesh bag all within 40 or so minutes.

(Monday June 5th)

Cleaned out the filter sock (actually just a mesh bag) from the overflow and have removed another large Cirolanid and three more small ones. I'll be trapping tomorrow and will update the progress.