Thread: frazier
View Single Post
Old 05/24/2007, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

Re: Re: Re: frazier

that is what he say's not me.. I bought this skimmer from mavij or something like that about 4 months ago. I was going to use it on my 180g but I'm not setting it up now..believe me I pay more then I sold it for look back and find the post where I bought it.. mavil is a very smart and honest guy so that's why I have a hard time believing this guy...sounds like to me he wanted a new skimmer but got lost on the used goods forum..I really don't care what ppl think I should do.. you guy's don't know the skimmer was in great shape....and maybe I would have handled this alittle better if he hadn't sent me a first email saying I'm sending back I do not want and there is no way I'm putting this in my tank... he in no way tried to work out... the pump is the cheapest thing of the skimmer...(which in the post I had told him the guy had put mods on the pump) so he knows it was worked on..

Quote:
Originally posted by smiller
I'm not quite sure that I understand your post. What do you mean by "a repair job" and what do you mean by "the guy that you bought it from"? Just wanted to clarify.

I don't usually get involved in this sort of thing but I feel the need with this one. As far as your last statement, yes, a person always takes a risk when buying anything used, whether it be a car or a piece of reef equipment. But in any case, a seller should make sure that either he sells a quality piece or is up front about any possible issues. I think that rust qualifies as something that should be made clear. The fact that you never used it IMO is a non issue.