View Single Post
Old 04/18/2007, 11:46 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for your comments !

I have been trying to design this so we can easily add to the equipment so if we need more flow I will buy more Tunzes etc.

We have not decided yet on how many or what type of fish we want and so the feeding regiment will probably be adjusted according to what we will be putting in there.

There will be all sorts of corals in there but we will probably not start with a filled tank but rather gradually add more as the tank matures.

I'm going to use a thin layer of sand just for aesthetic purposes and most likely just replace sand in patches when time comes.

I want to use a kind of jing jang style with the rock formations. Equally amount of negative space and positive (sand vs rock). I'm going to see how I will do with cable ties, plastic rods etc

Heating will most likely not be a problem but the cooling might. The plan is to use a vent to blow out air above the tank to reduce humidity as well as heat from the 4000w lights.

For calcium we are going for the Deltec reactor and kalkwasser stirrer. I have yet to look into further dosing of other chemicals with such a big tank. I'm going to run a Carbon and Rowaphos reactors as well.

The thickness of glass is 19mm and 25mm for the bottom (laminated).