View Single Post
Old 12/26/2006, 02:41 PM
angelfish nut!

Treg, thanks for the offer, I'll upload some tonight and send you one this week to post here...

Jeremy, it's been three days since the chevron was added and already his fins are completely grown back after the initial assault by the resplendens... two nights ago I added my Solomon true perc pair I've had for years... I'm just about done stocking and wanted to do so before any fish got too settled and it's worked out, although the resplendens was bugging the male perc at introduction he has subsided. I've raised a pair of A. tricinctus from ORA for years now and will place those in the opposite 54, but I'll probably wait until I get the joculators in there and the Colin's and interuptus are moved... Oh... and being a Buffalo fan you guys are due and I'm happy for you I've played many games in western NY and spent my summers in high school over the border in Ontario playing... People don't realize how big New York is until they have to drive from NYC to Buffalo .

Vili, everything I've heard of resplendens says they're aggressive to, and I know the argi complex in general could be terrors... but it wasn't their size that brought them through evolution! He's calm now and there is no aggression with the established members thankfully...

Thanks Alicia... It will be interesting to see the hybrid's aggression as they grow older... again the aggression I've seen has only been with newly placed members, and it's subsided after a few hours... I wonder how much has to do with him being a male too...

Sang, thanks for chiming in... I'm going to stick with the Maxijets as they'll work well for my purposes in these small tanks. I'm going to test different UPS at work to see which ones will run the Maxijets for 8 or 12 hours... It will work out much cheaper than the Vortechs and serve the purpose... I have plenty of flow without the addition of the pwoerheads and they're only going to serve the purpose of being the backup... Congrats on keeping your pair! You almost made a huge mistake!

Wayne, you have an amazing fish collection in that system... what temp have you guys been running with the interuptus? The debelius are really something... what a fish! Frank hand force fed his wild female for months as when he originally got the pair they were in bad shape... it payed off and he only raised about a dozen or so of these beauties... he's held onto four and will keep them for good... We talked about this and one thing that may take him out of his break would be more eggs from these guys. He only sold a couple after keeping some and sending some to the original owners of the parents, but he sold them for $4500 a piece... The last wild ones for sale in the US I think went for $5500 years ago. They show up VERY scarcely in Japan, and Frank was lucky to receive this pair... What a sight though... Here's a shot of two of the babies he sold...

And here's a shot of a wild debelius... what a friggin' sweet fish!

If the debelius do come to fruition I'll be sure to let you know... God knows I've dropped some coin, but this would be way too much at this point in time in my life being married with a baby in our late 20s living in the "Silicon Valley of the East" with it's ridiculous cost of living...

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.