View Single Post
Old 12/23/2006, 05:53 PM
angelfish nut!

Thanks again guys... it's great to share these images and expriences...

Stefan, yeah that's all it takes to keep the system for at least 12 hours with no power... people would be amazed how quickly fish will die with no circulation in a tank simply due to lack of oxygen... Depending on the system, it could take only a few hours... Plan for the worst... these fish could live over 20 years if our own stupidity or improper planning doesn't kill them... I'm also putting those powerheads on a seperate circuit in case the circuit decides to go... For the time being I've hooked up the house answering machine to the same circuit... I call home every couple of hours when I'm away and if the answering machine picks up I know the circuit is on ...

Dave, I know exactly what you mean... I always think "Will this guy post more photos!" I'll get a bunch more... but for now here are some... The system has been running a few months but I'm still working on aquascaping, so some things are strewn about...

Who's says Fisher's aren't pretty?

More to come...

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.