View Single Post
Old 07/14/2007, 07:06 AM
Genuine reef addict

Laurent - Now I'm really dreading replacing the fans in the hood!I'd recommend that you send RSM support an email on what you found with the timer. They may need to do some additional training (or termination) with their production staff to be sure that they are aware of what's going on so that they can take some steps to prevent it in the future.

The tank progress sounds good, as does the fish/critter selection. No problems with the turbos here, but astreas is a good choice too. Never heard of Paper Bulla snails - I'll have to search on those.

On the water change I'm not sure what to tell you. I've been doing about 3-4 gallons weekly since I set up the tank, but I never had a measurable cycle. 15g may be a bit much, but that's just an opinion based on nothing LOL. I never clean the back either - I leave that to the snails & lawnmower blenny. I'm now starting to get coralline growth on the back - plus the coralline seems to love the plastic parts in the tank - the gate, the powerheads, the Hydor Flo, and the Koralia - they get quicker coraline growth than the glass.

Water change day here today, and a trip to the lfs.