View Single Post
Old 12/16/2007, 06:50 PM
no time for spell check!

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefaquariumnut
My wife is almost more excited about this project than I am...weird!!
i am glad to hear she is excited about this. i was hoping that she would be. she did an unbelievable job of designing that house. i was hoping the designs we came up with would fit here ideas for the bar area.
Quote:

Scott - Should I start buying corals and housing them in my 150 gallon tank? Or was that just for fish holding? Either way I need a new sump/protien skimmer system for that tank. I am going to get my stand guy to come over tomorrow and get him started on those two stands.

not yet. you should concentrate on the main equiptment needed to get the Q tanks/frag tanks up and runnng. then all the rock from the 150 can be housed in half of that system. the other half of the system can be used for houseing new corals. then the 150 can be taken down and move into place so you can start to buy fish for the system.
we can also get one of the sumps for the main tank built right away to house the rest of the rock in incase you have to treat corals in the Q tanks. once the main tank is hooked up and the dry rock is in the tank we can fill the main tank with salt water and hook that into the sump that already has the live rock in it. this wll alow the current live rock to seed the new dry rock.

Quote:

I am going to order the equipment list we spoke about yesturday next week and get the air exchanger installed in the next week as well.

Once I get the two tanks from you I think things will speed up.

Let me know if you need anything from me.
make sure to order all the items you will need to get the 2 frag/Q tanks up and running. i forgot to mention heaters for these systems.
i have an aquacontroller 2 that i can bring up and put on the 2 frag tanks temperarorly until you have the other system there and on line. this will prevent a crash due to a programing glitch. then we can turn over the frag system to the computer system you are going to buy later on.
also we never discussed any type of moonlighting for the main display. you should do some research on larger led moon lights for the main tank and the sea horse tank.

some body here might have some recomendations for moon lights that would work good for that large of a tank.