Thread: Tunze nano mod
View Single Post
Old 03/23/2007, 10:19 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skydancer
Just an observation...
One of my four 6025s always corrected itself to the right spin... so I only did the FBM on it (without the Jacmyoung stopper) and it's kicking butt. The water stream (as expected) is stronger than the WFM.
So, if you're lucky enough to get a 6025 that corrects itself every time, I would suggest to do the FBM, if you want a stronger flow stream.
It turned out the soft stopper will work, I just had to use a bigger gauge weed whacker wire. I was using the white kind to match the color, it was smaller gauge, now with the green type it works every time. It is also important that the stopper is placed right at where the front of the prop blades are when it is in reverse, which can be a little different for each pump, so need to eyeball the prop very closely to decide where to drill the hole for the soft stopper. Both the soft stopper and the crossbar stopper give out similar noise though.

Now that the soft stopper is working, you can safely correct the flow without the need to do the wide flow mod. The WFM provides a more wave-like wide flow, as a result the flow reach is shorter. Without the WFM obviously the flow will reach further since it is narrower.

Now that I think our work on the 6025s is almost all done, there is just not much can be squeezed out of it, I can't help but feel how short-sighted Tunze was not making a bigger motor for the 6045s. They can certainly fit a 12W motor in that small block and use a bigger prop to pump out nearly 2000gph. they can probably sell it for $120 people will have no problem buying it.

Last edited by jacmyoung; 03/23/2007 at 10:31 PM.