View Single Post
Old 11/26/2005, 08:07 PM
Team RC Member

next frag

My main man John hooked me up once again. (Of course now he gets my next child)
Just before adding my percula pair, John got me this tiny frogspawn frag. The colors were/are amazing! Bright green with pink/purple tips. It came with only a tiny piece of skeleton, and this was cracked so that it was unstable (hey, beggers can't be choosers). It wasn't heavy enough to remain upright in my tank, so I decided to mount it to a small piece of LR using super glue gel. When I manipulated it the frag twisted in half 360 degrees and I actually saw its mouth become corkscrewed . I untwisted it and mended the crack in the skeleton with more super glue gel, being careful not to get any on the fleshy tissue. I placed it in the tank and it's been happy ever since. I haven't posted any pics in a while, so here it is.

This was placed in my tank about 6 weeks ago, and it's already showing some growth. This left side view of my tank gives you a better idea of just how small this frogspawn frag truly is. It's sitting beside the blasto colony I showed previously.

I'm hoping it grows nicely, and I hope that I'll be able to pry or cut it off of the LR once it grows its own sufficient skeleton (?). Any frogspawn experts out there who can confirm or refute this as an option?