View Single Post
Old 11/26/2005, 07:57 PM
Team RC Member

melev - I almost didn't see your post. Since you've been using B-Ionic for years, do you have any explanation as to why my calcium level seems to be refractory to increases in dosing? Should I just keep titrating it up as I am doing?

I'm all too familiar with how those power converters can eat up space on a powerstrip. The 1' extension cords you're talking about are a great idea, and I have an even cheaper option. I currently have 2 timers, and the power converter for the Tunze Osmolator is just as large. I bought some 3-prong male and female adaptors and some thick electrical wire. I had planned on mounting the timers and the power converter inside my cabinet, then make my own extension cords with the above supplies, custom cut to the exact length needed. Now, however, I'll use them to plug into the Reef Keeper that I plan to get. I'll be sure to post pics of the inctricate construction of my custom-length extension cords when I undergo the project. Whew, running a thread is a lot of work, and comes with homework to boot.

bcoons - Thanks for your comments on the ReefKeeper and pH monitor. It is interesting that for 2x the price I could have a pH "controller." I, too, plan on having a much larger system in the future, but since I'm sure I won't have a calcium reactor for my current system (for reasons I can't quite recall ) I think I'll just go with the pH monitor. Who knows what will be available once I'm ready for my monster system.

And since you mentioned corals ...