View Single Post
Old 11/26/2005, 06:58 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dudester

Yeah, unless someone gives me a compelling reason why I shouldn't go with the Reef Keeper, I think I'll go ahead and get it.

I agree that I don't need a pH "controller" since, for the 3 reasons listed above, I don't think I'll be getting a calcium reactor. I would, however, like a pH "monitor" so that I can at least ensure that my pH is stable and in range.
I downloaded and read the manual on the Reef Keeper. Looks like a handy little unit, especially given the price. Seems it handles lights, powerheads, and temps, which are the only things I actually have on my little 20 gal tank right now. The feeding feature is neat. I like that it looks pretty simple and fail-safe.

I would also like to have a pH monitor. I too have problems accurately interpreting the color on the test strips. Looking at the unit in your link, I see that for about double the cost, one can get the controller rather than a monitor. Although I don't have a calcium reactor yet, nor plan to get one for my little tank, I'm thinking ahead to maybe a bigger (90 gal) tank sometime in the future. Then I may want a calc reactor and a pH contoller. Gotta do some more studying on calc reactors. Right now I'm not adding or dosing anything, but I don't have any corals yet. I'll have to figure this stuff out before I add any corals. (John, I'll be down asking more questions!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dudester
Here's the pH monitor I'm interested in. (did you see that, melev?)
Fast learner, I see.