View Single Post
Old 09/30/2003, 10:48 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stranglehold
What about top off water? Any idea how many gallons you will evaporate in a day?

I use a dosing pump on a timer to dose kalk water for my makup. I think this is safe than float switches. Guessing you will need about 30 gpd. If you dose kalk at night, you will need at least 4 gph on the pump.

Mine is made by LMI, and I feel it is very sturdily built. It is a diapham pump, not the type that use the tubes.

One dow side to the dosing pump is the noise. But mine is in the basement and comes on at about 2:00 am. So, only the dogs know it comes on.

Some nice square holding tanks would be nice in a "smallish" pump room like yours. Rather than round trash cans.

"Use the cube" should be kept in your mind when laying out the equiment. It looks like you are on the right track.

Do you have a dedicated AC unit planned for this room? Sure would hate to see one hanging out of that window by the door.
stranglehold,
I haven't decided yet on top off method, either to float off with my 100gpd RODI Unit or Dosing pump. I won't know exactly how
much i'll be evaporating since there's too many contributing factors to calculate regarding the lighting setup, sump(s) sizes, Surging, Ref size etc. All in which i'm still fine tuning and designing....either way, it will be a good amount of evap.

Good thoughts on the "cube" design, it's gonna be semi-tight but more than enough room to access everything.

I will have 4-20amp dedicated circuits to that room. plus having installed to the home a 15k watt Natural Gas ONAN Cummins Diesel Generator with Auto Transher Switch. btw, here's where a lot of my budget went

Thx for the comments.