View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Have anyone of you people that are complaining ever owned a Retail Fish/coral store before?? If not please don't comment on something you have no idea of. You guys have no idea of the amount of losses LFS and online vendors take. This month alone my losses total more then what most people have into there tanks.

I would NEVER rip someone off but just because someone pays $5000 for something the other person only bought for $10 that doesn't make you a crook. What makes you a crook is telling someone who has standard NO flourecent lighting that an Acropora will live and thrive in there tank. Selling something for the most you can get is called Business, yes it makes it hard for the people with little or less money but hey we all can't Drive Bentley's and own 10,000 sq ft. homes!

Have you ever met any of these people Like Steve,Clint or Mike? I have met Steve and Clint and believe me they don't drive Bentleys and live in Multi Million dollar homes, none of them are getting Rich!! Most of the time if we get in an exceptionally nice or possible rare coral we are going to mark it up as high as we can in order to pay for the 100 crappy corals that we have to sell for cost! Heck I even go from hobbiest to hobbiest at times and pay full retail price for frags so I have no choice but to charge more in order to keep my doors open!

Try putting yourself in someone elses shoes before you speak and you may be amazed at what happens. Yes there are crooks out there but getting top dollar for a product does not make you a crook or a bad person for that fact.

Instead of bashing the business man try asking the people who shell out that kind of dough why they do it and if it bothers them! Besides if 90% of the people think it's OK what right do you have being in the 10% to talk trash?