Thread: Clamtastrophe
View Single Post
Old 12/28/2007, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Instead of that, I've moved the clam into the refugium of the display tank to see if it starts to look bad again. It's been in there about an hour now and it looks so-so. Mantle is extended, but not completely. The only livestock in the refugium is one astrea snail and one scarlet hermit. I'll leave it in there a couple days, or until it starts to look bad. The lighting in the refugium is definitely sub par, though, even for a derasa. It's just a flourescent bulb, the one Melev uses and recommends on his site for refugiums.

I could probably catch the flame angel without too much hassle. I have a trap that I used for a flame hawk not long ago. The flame angel entered the trap many times before the flame hawk was finally caught. I'm not sure about the coral beauty, but I think that's irrelevant. The coral beauty was added to the system after a few of the clams had already died. I never saw the crabs or shrimp bother any of the clams, but perhaps they adapted ninja skills from the flame angel who, rumor has it, only pecks at clams when no one's looking.