Thread: Clamtastrophe
View Single Post
Old 12/28/2007, 08:39 PM
w3rd

in my situation i only have 3 fish in a 28, 1 blue damsel yellow tail, 1 ywg, and 1 royal gramma. i have very few cerith snails and thats it. when my clams died everything was within the ranges. 9dkH, am, nitrites, nitrites 0, calcium on the high side (500ppm elos test kit) but was going down (no dosing--just rc salt), magnesium 1300ppm (elos test kit), metal halide 250w 14k bulb with 65w pc actinics, salinity 1.026 etc etc

my two clams died within 3-4 days of each other (deresa, maxima), whole time i checked them at night and day and never found anything. i have a 3-4" maxima and a 5"~ crocea left that i've had since the early summer that have been doing well

i would just keep checking them and your tank and look around inside of there and try to think of anything new you may have introduced to your tank.. equipment, maybe some new salt, frags with water from a fellow reefer's tank, just anything. it seems like that DT of yours has something you might be overlooking..

it could be your fish, it might not be. we all know that with the pygmy angels it may be a 50/50. sometimes its not easy as just blaming fish-- when you're not in the situation its pretty easy to just blame the obvious things