View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

I wouldn't pay $150 a head. But I'm sure someone out there might. As an attorney, I'm sure you've seen all the crazy things people will do. Today with all the Aussie stuff, no I don't think many people would. But in the very beginning when it was first trickling in, I could imagine there were people paying that price.

But taking advantage of the craze happens in every market. Plasma TV's, Sony Playstations, even new cars. Remember how much people were paying for the Mini Coopers? Or the Miatas in the 90's. I mean the wait list for those cars were crazy. People were paying at least $5000 over sticker and still waiting months. How much were those Playstations going for on eBay?

But it also goes both ways as well. As buyer we can dictate the price was well, within limits. I don't see BMW giving $5000 rebates on their cars. Because people buy them anyways. But Ford and Chevy are always giving rebates and incentives. Why because those cars aren't in as much demand. If you go buy a car at the end of the year when they want to get rid of old stock you can probably knock off $5k off a $35k car. Now in reversal as the buyer we're taking advantage of the situation that the seller is in, right? The car is old stock they need to move it and they are desperate. Just as the sellers take advantage of the hype and craze when something first comes out. I'm not saying its good that they stick it to us, but in turn we stick it right back to them as well given the opportunity. We just label ourselves as being thrifty.

And yes, most of the corals you buy online won't look as nice as the picture. There are alot of shady sellers who do photoshop, but there are also alot of sellers that don't. Stick with who is reputable and say away from who's not. If you don't know, RC is a good place to find out. You can check the seller feedback section. All kinds of good stuff. You live and you learn. Hey I've gotten burned as well buying online. Hell I've even gotten a coral different from WYSISYG. How is that possible? So he's on my list of never to buy from again. And whenever a thread arises on his reputation, I give my experience, but as always YMMV.

If you can get me the rainbow colored acan in the middle for $8-15 or even the red one with pink ring inside (right next to the rainbow one). I'll pay you a finders fee. Seriously. But if you're talking about the all green one or the red and grey one. I see those for $10 a head all the time. And thats exactly what I mean. An acan is not an acan. They are not all equal.

PM me if you can seriously get me those 2 morphs for $15.