View Single Post
Old 01/01/2008, 12:07 AM
Registered Member

I just bought the Canon XTI (body only) and bought seperatly a Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras total $950 the camera comes on the 2nd and I can wait. I went to a couple of sites that reveiw products and reveiwed the cannon xti and a nikon D40 or D80 (can't remember wich) and decided to go with canon because as this is my first SLR camera I couldn't justify the extra money for the Nikon (wich I have no real idea on how to use either of them). I held the canon in a store before I bought it and it felt comfratible enugh to me, and I bought the body only because I was going to buy differnt lenses any way so I figured I would ave the extra $150-$200 that they charge for the 18-55mm lense and put it twords the one I wanted. unfortunatly now I need to save up another $400 for a macro lense. and realy I have no experiance to give you advice on the cameras just thought I would share my buying experiance and decison.

Quote:
Originally posted by beerguy
That's exactly the advice that I normally give even though Canon is clearly makes a better camera

Oh and beerguy this post ha ha I like it and almost missed the end of it and I agree

You will be sorry when I'm gone, dead, or armed

Last edited by MightyWarMonger; 01/01/2008 at 12:14 AM.