Thread: Stellablu
View Single Post
Old 07/01/2005, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

I also wanted to add that the "sob story" I gave about RC deleting my thread can be summed up here in a PM I received from the RC staff. A lot of my confusion laid in what names matched with RC names, and I didn't have RC names from the thread to match up any longer. I wasn't given any warning so that I could finish writing down contact information.

------------------------------------------

Snail Thread

Your thread titled "FS: Nassarius vibex and small Cerith sp. snails!" has been removed. Selling snails in quantity is considered commercial. Buying in large quantities to resell is considered commercial. The fact that you are quarantining new snails is another reference to the fact that you are commercial to the eyes of Reef Central. Please review this section of the User Agreement:

2. COMMERCIAL POSTING: Reef Central exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Central defines “commercial post� as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as “commercial.� Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Central reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent� of the “commercial post� policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

Further attempts to sell snails on Reef Central could lead to a revocation of your posting privledges. If you would like to enquire about being a site sponsor, please check out this link:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/sponsorship/

Thanks,

Dave

RC Staff