Thread: WTB reflector
View Single Post
Old 11/27/2007, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

Obviously i will defer to webstocks findings- although i still question the penatration of uv in damaging amounts. I will digress into history a bit here though- I was the first downstate illinois dealer for hydrofarms and several other halide manufactures. Back then only the top sps people had any intrest, because all the experts said the UV output would kill corals. Other facts- you can get a sunburn from a single ended halide- usually you have to have 1000 watts- but some of my overdriven 400s(430s) will cause pain. I have had people get physically ill from being around high powered systems also. The whole wearing gloves in bulb replacment is something that is much more recent than halides- it was first really instituted for halogen bulbs, and HQ halides. I have changed more SE bulbs without gloves than some of you have had hot meals and there is never been a problem- nor have I ever seen one first hand in 10 years of sales. The key thing to remember is- these things are not toys- protect your health, and keep an eye on your animals. If they are in good health, then no matter what anyone says- they are in good health.