View Single Post
Old 06/23/2007, 04:46 PM
Team RC Member

The stand is constructed from steel, and I'll eventually skin it with a nice cabinet. There will be no canopy. Here's the stand, powdercoated and with leveling feet.

I chose steel so that I could optimize the amount of storage space inside the cabinet, since all of the equipment will need to be concealed within. Plumbing through walls or the floor is not an option in my current home. Here's a close-up of one of the leveling feet.

The sump inside the stand will sit upon a starboard bottom that will lay inside the steel shell.

This will cover about 2/3 of the length of the cabinet. The other 1/3 will be used for dry components, and to salvage a few extra inches of height I'm putting a pan in the bottom that recesses down to the floor instead of sitting on top of the bottom "shelf" of the stand. This will also serve a dual function in that small drips or spills will be directed into the pan instead of onto the floor.

Here's the pan.

I'll be using a rimless 3/4" acrylic sump to house most of the supporting equipment. The dimensions are 40 x 24 x 16. Here it is, without baffles and still at the shop.

3/4" plywood was cut to accomodate the plumbing from beneath the tank, and here's the system minus the most important part ... the actual tank.

Gotta run for now, but I'll update again later. Hope you enjoy what you've seen so far.