View Single Post
Old 08/27/2007, 07:19 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by bower23
Here is an idea... It would save you on lighting and space. You want a sump in your basement and a frag tank.. correct? How about making this all one tank. Either a rubbermaid tub or try and find a used 6 foot tank. Go to a glass place and have them cut dividers for you. Have the drain go into a section with MH lights and egg crate for the frags. Then the next set of sections would be just like a normal sump. The MH lights would give enough lighting in the other sections for any algae you want to grow. This way you get the benefits of a larger water volume but without having to buy extra heaters, skimmer, and pumps. Or I'm sure Marc will custom make you one out of acrylic.
Thanks! I was originally thinking of doing something similar to that.. maybe like a 125 for the "sump" and divide everything into sections like you said.. and maybe that's the way I should go... I just thought a seperate tank would look cooler and be easier to access... but maybe it would be too complicated. Idk.. good idea though thanks.