View Single Post
Old 03/07/2005, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

What's with all the people chiming in that have new accounts starting in March? Are you afraid people will find out who you really are? Granted I haven't been around the longest either, but this thread has just gotten out of hand.

Everyone is assuming they know what's going on and are a little quick to call names. I see no problem here. The buyer has a working ballast and working bulbs. Why is it the sellers problem that things weren't hooked up correctly in the first place that probably caused the ballast to "blow"? And now why is it the sellers problem that the buyer refuses to use the ballast, just because the manufacturer doesn't "recommend" it. There are plenty of things that work well outside of manufacturers recommendations. The bulbs worked fine for a year with that ballast, so what's the problem? Hook it up and double check the wiring before turning it on. If I had sold an item that left my hands in working condition and wasn't damaged in transit, I wouldn't give a refund either just because someone didn't "recommend" using the ballast with T5 bulbs. Who cares what the manufacturer recommends. They worked together. Are you all implying that the seller lied about that?

This is a great forum, a great hobby and a great community. Everyone bends over backwards to try to give advice and help each other learn from our mistakes. I know I've helped enough people myself and was helped when I was starting out. We all want to steer clear of rip-off artist and scammers. But I don't think a case of buyer reluctance constitues a scam. Take a look at the facts in this case. I don't think the buyer or seller did anything wrong in the transaction. It's the name calling and assumptions that have happened after the sale that are the scam.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, check the facts and calm down a little. Let's keep this forum a pleasant place to interact.

Bill.