Thread: Tunze nano mod
View Single Post
Old 05/25/2007, 05:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hounddog01
I have one of each and believe they are both good pumps modded or un modded.
The fact remains as jacmyoung said earlier.

From day one, we stated that the 6025's flow outperformed the spec of 660GPH, and the 6045's flow performance grossly under performed the 1189 (1100 revised) GPH spec.

For those people that are not interested in modding pumps, the stock 6045 is only pumping ~200GPH more than the stock 6025.
THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL CLAIM AS OF A FEW MONTHS BACK, AND SADLY ENOUGH STILL HOLDS TRUE TODAY.
There are thousands of views of this thread and many hundreds of people own both models. NOT ONE HAS YET TO COME OUT AND DISPUTE jacmyoung's or my flow measurements on either pump.

As I have repeatedly said, the nanostream powerhead is the overall best powerhead in the market today, (based on form, fit, and function); But that doesn't negate the fact that the stock 6045 grossly underperforms the published flow spec even after it was revised to 1100gph.

My earlier $30 comment referred to the flow performance difference on the stock 6025 vs the stock 6045.

The Tunze spec never advertised modding activities, stopper reliability and cleaning frequency requirements to justify the $30 premium. All they said was, it looks the same and pumps 1189 vs 660. The other comments and "benefits" were made and /or "discovered" (if indeed they are true) by us the hobbyist community. So, it's now up to you, the educated consumer to decipher the true data from the marketing fluff.
Enjoy...