Thread: EuroReef Club
View Single Post
Old 09/14/2007, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

Did you end up buying the Eheim from them? How much did they charge? Did they take the stock Gen-X pump back and give you a credit for it?

Yes, I should have the Eheim by Mon/Tues and no exchange or credit. So I get to keep the old one as a spare. I think they give you a break on the price alos.

Do you have the gurgling sound on yours? I removed the drain pipe, and the water splashes into the sump. It is actually louder. Did you cut your stock drain pipe so that it is just above the water level?

Yes I did. I read in the instruction book to cut the return pipe just above water level to prevent the gurgling (it can cause adjustment issues also). I cut the exit down pipe right above the water level and the splashing. There is some splashing sound but it is not bad. I can't really hear it over the pump....LOL

Also originally my skimmer was in about 13" of water. When I called their support they recommended the skimmer to be submerged in 6-8" of water. So I used some eggcrate and PVC to raise the skimmer up.

Hope that helps. It skims great by the way.