View Single Post
Old 01/12/2008, 02:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by R_Hudson
Kingfisher those are 2 power filters rated at 150 gph each so thats 300gph total on a 30 gal tank. I think i have plenty of flow I may end up putting a small maxi jet or hydor koralia. but for now i feel i have enough. thanks for all the comments my unidintified object has moved a little tomorrow i will try to get a better pic of it.
OK, a couple of things. Like others have said, no reason for the biowheels. Get rid of them. Second, I like the rock, but I have a feeling in the future you're going to want more. Personally I would push the rock back a little. Are you honestly going to clean the back glass that much? Plus if you have room in the front, you can add corals to your sand. In the end though, I think you'll eventually add a few more pieces of rock. Finally, two 150gph filters are nothing, lol. I've got a 7g freshwater tank with one of those on it. As others have said, the flow will slow down out of those things. Don't be afraid to add more. I know it'll sound like a lot of flow at first, but it isn't. I have a Mag 7 as my return pump(about 450gph) and two MJ 900's(for 460gph total for the powerheads). So I have a lot of flow....and all of that is in an Oceanic 37g cube. That still doesn't seem like much to me, lol.