View Single Post
Old 12/15/2004, 03:08 PM
the cow flys at dawn

I will slow the flow as you recommend. I thought the NO2 spike was normal during the cycling process as the colonies were forming or trying to form.
its normal, its undesired, the solution is to slow it down

then multiply this by 4, then by 24 to give me the amount for the day. I can convert this amount into gals or any other measurement I need.
well thats how i got my experience by calculate i assumed (i know ... ) that you wanted to guess ahead of time.

This is a new issue for me. I didn't know that you sped up the system once it finishes cycling. I now imagine you open it up as fast as it will go, but still be able to do the converting for the system to work. If nitrites are climbing then it needs to be turned down some. So the drip/sec or slower is only for the cycling process to form the colonies. I got it now. Once the colonies are formed, the flow can be increased. I now understand how 8 gph or 8gpd can be collected.
just to make sure, the speed up should happen DURRING the cycle. if there is nitrate at all in the output you need to adjust the unit. as it cycles you should be slowly speeding it up.

Hitec makes nice equiptment. I use a ton of their servos and Rx. I thought you may have had the Futaba 6EXA until I saw it was 50 mhZ. I really do like my 9C. I'd love to own the new $2199.00 14 ch. radio with Windows operating system, but that is a whole other discussion board.
yea older than the 6exa and yea 50mhz, and WOW that new system is awesome sounding, and yep definately a different board