View Single Post
Old 12/13/2007, 02:05 AM
Registered Member

wow guys, 300 dlls for and h&s denitrifier, 100 dlls for media, 200 dlls for a reactor to make a denitrifier, just do what i did, go online and get a phosban reactor for 40 dlls (if its a big tank like 150 get 2 of them), get the no-no3 media from carib sea for 19.99, a little mj pump, some 1/4 tubing and a 1/4" jaco ball valve, thats it, for less than 80 dlls you can make yourself a sulphur based denitrifier.

very easy to make, fill up the reactor with the no-no3 media, hook up the 1/4" tubing, put the ball valve on the outflow, hook up the pump into the inlet of reactor and start it up, ime first send the outflow to a bucket because u will get some nitrite and nitrate for the first 7 days, after that send it to your sump and thats it, let it work its magic.

my tank has gone from 20ppm to 10 ppm in 3 weeks, i feed heavely btw, and since a post is worthless without photos, here they are.

the results dont lie

so here is my story, forget on those expensive toys, make your own, you will have more money for frags, salt, fish, water, electric bill, fish food, gloves, powerheads, vortech pump, bigger tank, reefkeeper, controlers, ATO, etc. etc. etc.

happy holidays

sana