View Single Post
Old 01/04/2008, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
I also checked the output of the lamps last night. NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!

It appears the good people at Current changed lamp manufactures since my last experience with their lamps. I used an ATI Aquablue as a base because it was a known lamp with among the highest output out there. Soooooo I did a reading on it (And don't try to compare these numbers with any of the other lamp readings I've made) and got 286. The current 10K came in at 263. Not bad at all.

Problem is with the blues. I have always said they weren't too bad based on an earlier PAR reading I had done. Not no more. The current blue came in at a dismal 145. I rechecked this several times and it was right. An ATI Blue Plus came in at 234. I just happened to still have that Current blue I tested before. Way better lamp. PAR came in above the ATI but I may have moved the sensor or something so I reset everything a little differently and did the new vs old current lamp. New blue was 116, old blue was 167. The PAR for the new blue is about where an Actinic lamp would be but these are Blues, not actinic.

Mo, I am throwing the old style current blue in with a couple other lamps for you. Slap that baby in and compare it to the other blues and you will see what I mean. I didn't even do a side by side, didn't need to. It was that obvious. I'll try to get your fixture out tomorrow.
hello grim sorry to disterb you agan ......
ok i but the ficture ext pro and i will like to change 3 or 4 lamps of the 6 for giesman ,now that we no the blue ones mmmm no to good what do you recomend to me .......i like the color 14000k

thank you verry much