View Single Post
Old 04/04/2004, 03:26 AM
Registered Member

I love my Panther, Panther, Panther Grouper!

He is 1-2 years old, gotten at around 2" from LFS. He is in a 55 gallon FOWLR tank at the moment, until I get a bigger tank. He is with a Sailfin Tang, a Niger Trigger, and a new Miniatus Grouper. All is well so far.

He has never eaten live food, and is rather tame. He eats mostly Silversides and Krill a couple times a week. He originally tried to eat the Niger Trigger, but the Trigger was too quick and the Panther eventually got bored of chasing him and now leaves him alone.

They are wonderful fish, but get big quick! I can't think of parting with him, so I'll have to just get a larger tank. I'm thinking of a cheap upgrade to a 75 for the moment. All my accessories will work on the 75. Later on I would like to get a 120 or 180.

Would have loved to see him with a Cleaner Shrimp, but that would have had to be in the tank first, now it would be lunch!

One note, My Panther is afraid of my digital camera and freaks out if I try to take his picture. I don't want him to get hurt smashing into rocks, so I will keep him out if pictures for now.

Great fish!