View Single Post
Old 11/05/2003, 02:45 AM
Registered Member

I have a panther grouper (2+ years), a humpback grouper (1+years), a checkered grouper (8+months), a blue argus (10+months).
In the same tank I have a Picasso Trigger (2+years), a Neon Damsel (BIG!-1+years) , a Starry Moray (1+years).
Tank crashed twice 6 and 14 months ago. Losses were a soldier fish, a squirel fish, two brown volitans, a queenniger triggerfish and my worst loss a miniatus grouper. Crash was caused by a drop in specific gravity (top off water went haywired) and power loss of 48 hours.
In it's history and during my start I lost due to stupidity a parrotfish (trigger killed it), several gobies (grouper ate them), a baby bamboo shark (bad specimen) and gave away an undulated trigger to the LFS (it attacked everyone).

Tank size: 100 gallons. Tank age 30 months still going.

Tank weirdness -- my DIY went bonkers since June and I have not finished setting it up (tank is in my parents house not mine). To date NO SKIMMER. Yup and all is well (water change @ 25% every 3 weeks)

Diet --- hmmmm...guppies 4x a week. chopped squid and silverslides 3x a week. granulated fish food for damsel.

(someday I wish to do a Born Free and ceremonially release the panther back to the sea. It's over 12" now! Big guy! If only my mom would let me though.)