View Single Post
Old 01/01/2008, 12:25 PM
Boomer gave me this

I can understand him wanting to quit but wish he'd re-consider.
I had a 180 reef for around 12+ years before I dove into a 600 of the same size as Barts.
I had a ton of problems with stuff when I started up the 600, even with all my past experience! I was really bummed and it was either throw in the towel or figure it out.
I too added all my corals and fish way way too fast.
I had the "it's a huge tank I can add more than a smaller tank" mentality and had many problems, Ich being one of them.

I had to throw about $7,000 more into it to upgrade the already brand new equipment to better stuff.

That and a ton of patience, several months later it all came around and looks pretty dang nice now.

It was an Ich infested slime/snot algae infested brown coral, yellowy water mess!

He has skills to say the least when it comes to building, I think Barts tank and equipment is much nicer than mine, that's not the problem though its the livestock which is so delicate it seems.

Anyway, I hope you have support of reefers in your area that can talk you into sticking it out, it's not the end of the world though it can be turned around if you really want it.

Chris