View Single Post
Old 11/12/2007, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbletip2
Holy Cow glxtrix!

If you would have said those were 250's I don't think anyone would question it. That tank is lit up bigtime. I can't wait to see it with 3 reflectors. Keep us posted.

And you are really 6-8 inches? Still waiting on the measurement... Also can't wait to see par readings to see what they give off. Are those the Iwasaki 14K's? I hear those give off some pretty high par readings for a 175 and appear to be pretty white as I have been hearing as well. Your data will be really telling of what the LB's can do. Thanks for posting

Heh, thanks man. yeah they are the Iwasakis, amazing bulbs IMA. I'll be getting new bulbs after thankgiving....hellolights will be having a sale need that cuz these bulbs are expensive!! The third reflector should be coming in the mail on thursday Hoefully sooner, I'll update a pic once installed. Here is another pic of the install from the orignal 2. I think I lied about the 6-8"....I forgot to measure over the weekend, but the reflector if I rmember right from when I build the stand and canopy, the bottom of the reflector is 7" from the tank...soooo I guess that would put the bulb anywhere at 12-15" off water??? I'll measure tonight to get exact numbers, I'm just spittin crap right now, lol. The bulbs are a lil more white and the right one a bit more yellow just due to age of the bulbs. They are almost at a year now and IMO they should have been chsnged out at 8mos. Due to their high PAR, they degenerate a lot faster. But I dont think I'll change from them any time soon. I use to have them over my 55, with regualr spider reflectors and never had a heat issue. Hopefully that will remain the the same with the addition of the 3rd When the bulbs are new, they have a hyper white look to them, kinda like Xenon car lights....very crisp white with a nice hint of blue....stunning I might add! I'll be adding 2-48" URI Super actinics soon....that should make all my colors pop Nothing like a VHO actinic! I cant wait to get the PAR reading from this thing, my clubs PAR meter is currently getting fixed, so hopefully after thanksgiving it'll be ready to go....should ahve the new bulbs by then so it'll be nice to see the numbers.