View Single Post
Old 11/11/2007, 09:31 PM
Premium Member

I would like to make a suggestion to everyone that is curious about using LumenBrights for their current system or one that you are setting up.

It would be really helpful to get an idea of what you are trying to do with your tank.

For example:

1. Do you want an SPS Dominant tank?

2. Would you like to maintain SPS on the bottom or clams for that matter or do you want to grow them out faster.

3. Do you plan on keeping softies?

4. Is the cost of electricity an issue for you - there was a guy in Bermuda that is paying 35 cents/kwh?

5. What kind of rock work are you looking to do? Will you have pillars, a rock wall streched across the whole tank or are you growing a cube of the bottom for instance?

6. What is the clearance from the water to the ceiling or wherever you can mount a reflector?

6. And lastly what are your exact dimensions fo the Tank, Length, Width, and Height

I think you get the point. There is so many ways to build a tank. It is important information to know what you are trying to accomplish with your tank before making any suggestions on what reflectors to buy, MH bulbs, and ballasts.

Ok I have said my peace...